YOU are “The Client”
WE are Small Claims Advisor Limited (“SCA”)
YOU agree that:
1. The Client will provide SCA with full details of your case, including all documents, letters, and other forms of evidence in order that SCA may assess your prospects of success.
2. The Client will respond to email requests for further information requested by SCA within 48 hours of receipt.
3. Once a case is in progress, the Client will scan and forward to SCA any letters or documents received from the Court, or from the opposing party, within 48 hours of receipt.
4. The Client agrees to pay, by Bank Transfer, all invoices sent by SCA within 5 working days of receipt.
5. The Client is responsible for filing and serving documents provided by SCA, on the Court and the opposing party, and is solely responsible for ensuring that Court imposed deadlines are complied with. If your case is struck out, and costs awarded against the Client for failure to meet Court deadlines, SCA will not accept any responsibility.
6. The Client will file and serve documents provided by SCA without alteration or modification, and will not send any other communications to the Court or the opposing party unless previously agreed with SCA.
7. All documents provided by SCA to the Client may not be redistributed in any form of printed, electronic, or other media. If you do so, you may become liable for compensatory damages.
8. If representation by SCA at a Court hearing is agreed, the Client must attend Court on the listed date. If the Client fails to attend, SCA will not be held responsible for any adverse Judgment that may be entered by the Court against the Client.
9. All documents provided by SCA to the Client for a particular case are only to be used for that case. Using or adapting such documents for another case will be a breach of copyright, and the Client will then become liable to SCA for the relevant fees.
WE agree that:
10. SCA will provide an initial assessment of your case free of charge, and will only offer to take on your case if we believe you have a realistic prospect of success. We also reserve the right to decline to take on any particular case. We can only take on cases where the Client is based in England or Wales, both Scotland and Northern Ireland have separate legal systems.
11. Once SCA take on your case, we will provide you with the necessary documents in accordance with the facts and evidence you have supplied, and in a timely manner in order to enable you to meet any deadlines. Should the documents need to be translated into Welsh, this is outside the scope of our service and must be done at the Client’s expense.
12. If, at any stage of your case, an offer of settlement is received from the other party, we will provide best advice as to whether such offers should be accepted.
13. If we agree to represent you in a Court hearing, we will do so on a ‘best endeavours’ basis, and will make the case on your behalf as strongly as possible. However, court proceedings are conducted on an adversarial basis, and we can offer no guarantees as to the eventual outcome.
14. If your case is lost due the Client’s failure to disclose to SCA any material facts or evidence, SCA accepts no responsibility for any judgment or costs that may be awarded against the Client.
15. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our services, you should raise a formal complaint in the first instance, and we will investigate and attempt to resolve the matter within 14 days.
16. If we are unable to do so, we will refer the matter to an independent arbitrator offering an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service, and we and you agree to be bound by that body’s ruling.
17. If the matter cannot be resolved by means of an ADR, the jurisdiction of the County Court in England & Wales will apply.